I am a 33-year-old woman diagnosed with premature ovarian failure (aka premature menopause). I have been trying to get pregnant via donor egg IVF. I like science, long stories, and keeping a sense of humor. I’m a professor, a psychologist, a wife and a stepmother.
My husband really inspires me. He has two adult sons and a pre-teen daughter. I still can’t fathom that he’s been so willing to go through this ordeal (including his own MESA surgery) to try to have another child with me, after he thought he had ended his family-building days over a decade ago.
Here is my obligatory timeline – complete with acronyms!
- POF diagnosis: 07/2014.
- Estradiol 61
- FSH 115.4
- AMH <0.03
- HSG: 03/2015. No issues
- Husband’s MESA (sperm aspiration): 7/2015
- IVF#1: 07/2015. Frozen donor eggs (6 mature, 3 fertilized, 3 @ day 3). 3dt, eSET. 2 frozen. BFN.
- HSC: 09/2015. Two polyps removed.
- IVF#2: 10/2015. 2 embryos thawed, grown to day 5. One arrested, one transferred. BFN.
- IVF#3. 04/2016. Fresh donor eggs (29 retrieved, 19 mature, 17 fertilized, 16 @ day 5). 5dt, 2 transferred (2AB and 4AC). BFP, singleton!
9 on ice: 4BB, 3BB, 5BB, 4CC, 3BC, 3BB, 4BB, 4CC, 2BB.